A look into the life and understanding of a gamer who has left his mother's basement

Monday, September 26, 2011

Creative mode


Priorities:
did a few hours of internet browsing this morning. Mostly youtube videos

3:30-4:30
minecraft

6:00-6:30 (.5)
minecraft

9:30-1:00 (3.5)
minecraft

4 hours of Minecraft


Virtually virtual:
For the first time I am trying creative mode on Minecraft 1.8.
It's fun I guess. I certainly am feeling like Minec
raft is loosing its luster. When the 1.9 update comes out I will start a new survival server. That should be fun again.
My plan in creative mode is to build a Fortress as a main point, then have branching off track that leads to a testing facility and a village, that I will both make. Here are the beginnings of the fortress.

I have stayed away from creative mode until now is because I like the challenge of survival. I like having to mine for resources and facing mortality. Building an epic structure in survival mode is just that much more epic because Minecraft players know how much more difficult it would have been to make it. Creative mode is fun if you want to build something on a large scale or test something out. Which I will be doing both. I'm making a civilized world, with buildings and intricate tracks, but one of the stops is a testing area where I will be testing a lot of redstone contraptions.
I'm getting bored of 1.8 survival and will probably get back into it with 1.9
I will actually probably make a new survival server with ever major update.


Thoughtful gab:
I've noticed that when playing with my friends, we play very differently. I love survival. I like making it realistic and making it feel like I am in this world trying to survive and making it for myself in my own frontier.
Whereas my friend Jake is very different. He likes building. I like building too and later in the game I will build more and more intricate structures. But almost right off the bat Jake is building. He doesn't care about utilizing redstone, minecarts, or ever pressure plates to make his "survival" easier. He just builds. He builds creative towers and smiles out of cotton and floating islands in the sky.
For instance, my friend Austin plays a lot like me, and all three of us were playing my server.
Austin and I made a simple bedroom and put signs by our doors saying who's room it was. Jake did not care to indicate his room with a sign, and he spent a lot more time expanding his room.

-Austin and I make a quick and essential room to upgrade later, once we have gotten other things to make life easier.
-Jake skips that step and starts upgrading.

-We mine to get better pickaxes to mine faster to get a bigger stash of stone when building, meaning less trips back to mine. We also start a farm to obtain a food supply and explore.
-Jake makes due with the stone and Iron pickax, gets stone, and starts building, often having to ask us for food and does little to no exploring.

Just interesting. I wonder how other people differ and what their play style is.
Survival VS Creative

I will make a poll and post the results in a week. Please vote :D
Remember, this doesn't mean which mode do you like better but what playstyle you tend to use in survival mode.



1 comment:

  1. I have > 30 mins to play: Survival
    I have < 30 mins or need to blow something up: Creative

    ReplyDelete