A look into the life and understanding of a gamer who has left his mother's basement

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Can gamers be parents?


Priorities:

10:00-2:00 (4)
minecraft

3:30-5:30 (2)
minecraft

6 hours of Minecraft


Thoughtful gab:
I'm really not feeling it today. Played alot of Minecraft but got really bored of it. Now I'm just waiting for 1.9 to come out, or Battlefield 3. Whichever comes first.

Can a gamer be a parent? Can he work, care for his kids and wife and play video games well enough to get better and feel immersed in the world? Can he still be a hardcore gamer?
My wife and I were talking about how much time I spend playing video games. Mostly about how might I plan on playing once we have children. I learned of a couple where the husband likes to play StarCraft 2. His wife talked him into only playing it one night a week!! One night?! How can you get anything done with 4 hours a week accomplish anything? In Minecraft it would take you a month just to build a simple project. How does he better himself in StarCraft with that play-rate? By the time he has honed his skills the next game would come out! It's just hard to imagine so little game time. I accept that my game time will decrease dramatically when I have kids, but I don't plan on accepting one night a week willingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment