A look into the life and understanding of a gamer who has left his mother's basement

Friday, September 16, 2011

Map Quest


Priorities:

11:00am-2:00pm (3)
minecraft

4:00-6:00 (2)
minecraft

11:30-2:30 (3)
minecraft

8 hours of Minecraft


Virtually Virtual:
I basically spent the whole day mapping. Meaning I walked the entire LOS in two map sectors. Meaning I walked a lot. Why would I take the time, to do somthing that does not nessisarily effect game play, and that I have to go outside of the game to edit? Because it makes me feel like I am really charting unexplored lands. When else are you going to do it? It's unrealistic to explored the unexplored in real life. But here its relatively easy, safe, and there is plenty (infinite really) land for me to explore! Who knows what crazy landscapes I will happen upon. The picture is the product of today's work.

This is a bigger version.




Thoughtful gab:
The line between real life and video games may be thinner than you think. In video games I usually don't like consumable items. Mostly when it comes to stockpiling them. In the video game Diablo 2, I hate potions because I am constantly worried I will run out of them and die. So I always have a belt full of them and 2-4 in my inventory. As soon as I use one I have to get another one immediately. If I don't then I may use more and have to use the ones in my inventory. And if that happens then I may run out and die! The only thing that brings me peace is to either overstock, or always have a set number. The silly part is that I sometimes get even more potions that I am ok with the number fluctuating just to fill into my inventory stock if I have to use any, so my belt and those 4 in my inventory are always fully stocked.
In Minecraft I always have a certain amount of stone on me just in case I have to build a bridge or something, and I always have as much food as I can get my hands on in a chest back at the base. And even if I have more than enough, I will gather food along my travels, just to be sure.
Now in real life something similar happened. To save electricity my wife wants me to turn the Air Conditioning down (warmer) during our electricity peak time, when it costs more. I hate this. I hate the fact the air conditioning can't take care of itself anymore and I now have to worry about changing it on a daily basis. So far I haven't planned on changing it. Im content with it staying the same so I don't have to worry about it, much like the potions in my inventory.

No comments:

Post a Comment