A look into the life and understanding of a gamer who has left his mother's basement

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Inter-spacial exponential observatorium



Priorities:

12:30-2:30 (2)
minecraft

6:00-8:00 (2)
minecraft

9:00-12:00 (3)
minecraft

7 hours of Minecraft

Virtually Virtual:
I am taking a break from mapping to work on my next Minecraft project, a tower that scrapes the sky at its tip and rests in the ocean on its middle but penetrates the seabed and goes all the way down to the bedrock. I have named this mighty tower the "Inter-spacial exponential observatorium."

Note that I am not in creative mode, and the only mod I am using is the server to change the time of day. All this was mined and built the old fashion way.

The hardest part was at the
beginning. If you place a block over water, and there is no water to rush
back in, when you remove said block the water will be gone. I essentially did that but on a much larger scale. Built a solid 11x11 slab all the way down. Yes I ended up swimming up for air alot. Then I carved out the inside leaving a dry empty rectangle.

I have dug past the sea floor and hope I am close to the bottom. After I hit the bedrock im building up!






Thoughtful gab:
I was shopping at walmart with my wife today when I took this picture, on the left. I couldn't resist...

Minecraft build credit goes to Adam Gunsch. Thanks Adam!


2 comments: