A look into the life and understanding of a gamer who has left his mother's basement

Monday, October 3, 2011

Dead Island


Priorities:
I fell asleep and watched TV and then came up with a plan to get a new game. I played the new game for a few hours, was busy, out, with the wife, then went to bed.


Virtually virtual:
small Dead Island review coming next post.


Thoughtful gab:
I love zombie games. Surprisingly enough I am just now hearing about this game called Dead Island which is supposed to be a really fun zombie RPG. Sounds awesome.
I have two problems though. I am already buying a monitor, BF3 and Old Republic collectors edition the end of this year, and don't really want to drop another 60 of our hard earned dollars for another game quite yet. Not sure if the wife would appreciate it and even if she didn't mind, I would somehow feel kind of bad considering she makes more money for us than I do.
The second problem is the same as the first but for a different reason. I am getting those other games so I will be playing a lot of them. I don't want Dead Island to gather dust while I'm playing those other games, and even more so, I don't want Dead Island to take priority over them. I want to get as much BF3 in before I get Old Republic so I can have played my $60 worth and so I can have a better rank to be sitting on, so if someone asks, I'm not some wimpy enlisted rank.
I really want the game though so I don't know what I will do.

-later-

With the help of my friend Jake, we both ended up getting it. He is playing the sword girl and I am playing the throwing knife guy.

The wife had some reservations about me getting another game but we talked it out. I still can't help feeling kind of bad that she works more than I do and I'm spending more than she is on extra things.
I guess that just goes back to one of my earlier blog posts though.


No comments:

Post a Comment